If you ever get into a situation where you can't find the password used on your Qwest DSL account, and you have an Actiontec M1000 router (or similar), give this procedure a shot:
- You can find your account username on the Quick Setup page, listed as "PPP Username"
- Set your router admin password if you have not already done so. Take note of the username and password you set. It's important.
- Go to Start --> Run and enter "telnet 192.168.0.1"
- Login with your admin account and password, i.e., admin/admin
- Run this command "cat /var/tmp/pppoe_password". The output is your account password.
- Confirm your account credentials by logging in at at http://www.qwest.net
Update 5/29/2013: You may also want to check out my updated post: Recovering the PPP Username and Password from a Centurylink Actiontec C1000A
2 thoughts on “Recovering a PPPoE password from an Actiontec M1000”
You must log in to post a comment.